Monday, November 14, 2011

Take Care

I mean, 4 me...

Ok first, let me start off by saying that the production was very predictable (outside of Look What You've Done). It was no surprise that it was slow paced and monotone...low key depressing. Yes the creativity of the production did create a lighter mood for the album than Thank Me Later, but that's not saying a lot. However, it still didn't give me enough tempo, and or emotional dynamics. Like I said, the album Cole World: the Sideline Story (http://imean4me.blogspot.com/2011/11/cole-world-sideline-story.html) gave a perfect blend of fast, slow, happy, sad production. Take Care was more "sad, sad, kind of sad, I sound happy but I'm actually sad, I sound sad but I'm really happy, then sad again" type of production.

The sad part is actually that the production accurately portrayed the subject matter. I've been saying for a long time that Drake needs a good relationship. I want him to make happier music. For me, he's who I think of to listen to if things between me and my girl aren't really vibin. I suppose it's a good thing that the production doesn't clash with what he's singing about though. And personally I don't like his singing that much. I'm not sayin' that It's bad, BUT I just get tired of hearing the same ol' thing. Plus he's not that great of a singer anyway. I mean his singin', and depressing stuff is ok sometimes, just not all or even most of the time...for me. I like Drizzy Drake or the rapping Drake better than Heartbreak Drake...unless he's trying to be a thug. He might be, but it's just hard to believe haha. He doesn't give off that type of vibe. But who knows, he might not be a killer, but don't push em..

Having said all of that, the album is good. It's not great, but it is better than his first album and it is better than the other albums that have come out this year besides Watch The Throne & Cole World: the Sideline Story. I wasn't expecting too much from the album, and what I expected was fulfilled. It's still good though. I can't say the production was the most creative I've heard. Can't say the lyrical content was the best. What I can say is that he makes songs that you can connect to. And the songs you can't really connect to personally, you just like...sometimes. Don't really know how to explain it, but his music has this appeal to it. Even though you might get tired of it, don't like his singing, or annoyed by the fake thuggery, you still find yourself listening to it. There's a certain honesty that he put's into his music. He seemingly gets extremely personal about his real life. Whether it's true or not, it comes off as real. So if he's not telling the truth, he's a good liar.

So overall, I'd give the album a 7.8/10. As of right now, my personal opinion, and from the opinion from a couple other people I know, the best song on the album is Look What You've Done. Just listen to it and then watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5F5xP6cwRg.

I will say this though... I usually don't get leaked albums unless I wasn't planning on buying the album anyway. I was on the fence about getting this album because his first one disappointed me. When I found out it leaked, I got it so I could determine if I should buy it. Unless the artist proved to me with their previous albums that I should go and buy their next one, I won't without a recommendation from someone who's musical preference is close to mine OR I preview or hear the album and feel like it'll be at least an 8...that being said, most people either loved or hated the album. If you are a Drake fan, you should definately go and BUY the album. If you don't like Drake, don't get the album. If you're one of those on the fence Drake fans where you know he's good but sometimes you just don't like his songs, then I feel like you should listen to it from one of your friends' ipods, and if you like it, go and get it. Simple as that.



PS....it's still Watch The Throne >>>>>>>>> Everything else

No comments:

Post a Comment